- Miles for Men Prostate Cancer Awareness Race
- Morton Plant Hospital - Clearwater
- 5k/10k Race
Morton Plant Mease Foundation's "Miles for Men" Prostate Cancer Awareness Race will be held on Saturday, September 7th in Clearwater. The family-friendly 5k and 10k race/walk will also feature a Kids Dash for ages 10 and under. Presented by Urology Specialists of West Florida, the 4th annual race will benefit the prostate cancer programs at the hospitals of Morton Plant Mease.
Quick Facts on the Race:
– Saturday, September 7, 2013
– 10K and 5K races start at 6:30pm
– Race starts on Morton Plant Hospital campus
– Runners go over back Clearwater Memorial Causeway bridge
– Visit our official race website!
Did you know? Each year, more than 220,000 new cases of prostate cancer are diagnosed in the US, with 27,000 deaths. Every 2 minutes a new case is diagnosed and every 18 minutes a person dies from prostate cancer. Caught early, the survival rate for prostate cancer is nearly 100%. However, because symptoms are often nonexistent, many men never find out they have the disease until it's too late.
- Morton Plant Hospital - Website
- 455 Pinellas Street
EventList powered by schlu.net