For the past 10 years, the Morgan Heart Hospital has consistently strived to strengthen and enhance its patient-centered cardiac care – for you, for your loved ones, for every person in our community. As complex heart cases continue to advance, the community’s support is urgently needed now to ensure Morgan Heart Hospital remains at the cutting edge for the next decade and beyond.
Morgan Heart Hospital’s ambitious vision will not only upgrade its facility, including the operating rooms, patient rooms and waiting areas, but will also enhance the multidisciplinary team of board-certified physicians and caregivers to continue delivering exceptional care. Over the next few years, your support will impact the following areas:
Philanthropy needed to transform the PHYSICAL SPACE:
- Build-out a second hybrid operating suite for interventional and electrophysiology cases
- Upgrade Cath Labs video and intraoperative monitoring equipment to digital/HD quality
- Renovate family-friendly waiting areas with amenities for our patients’ families and visitors
- Add post-anesthesia care unit (PACU) to be closer to service areas
- Upgrade patient rooms to better accommodate family-centered comfort
Philanthropy needed to transform PATIENT CARE:
- Launch Endowed Cardiovascular Chair
- Recruit champion to lead Valve Center of Excellence
- Add support team focused on increasing patient satisfaction and decreasing hospital readmissions
- Expand social services presence – especially over the weekends
- Add diabetes educator to better provide comprehensive care and support nursing team
Philanthropy needed for PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT & RESEARCH:
- Purchase the latest devices and equipment – such as the Impella cardiac assist device
- Pioneer the latest clinical research trials to drive innovation and minimize the need to travel out of town
- Expand programs for patients in cardiovascular shock
- Develop programs to treat the most complex cases – such as Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO), an advanced type of mechanical life support that removes blood from the body, oxygenates and removes carbon dioxide from it, and then returns the blood, allowing the damaged lungs/heart time to recover.
- Grow the congestive heart function clinic and surgeon
A group of determined leaders recently launched a $5 million community challenge to ensure Morgan Heart Hospital is equipped with the team and tools to advance its nationally recognized cardiovascular program. Thanks to the power of the community challenge, the impact of your gift will be doubled! Just another example of how our special community is characterized by the people caring for the hospital that cares for them.